Morning Power Muffin recipe
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups Rugani carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1/2 cup raisins
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and allspice in a medium bowl.
Whisk eggs, applesauce, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in coconut oil.
Gently stir in flour mixture until moistened.
Fold in Rugani carrots, coconut and raisin.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats and coconut.
Bake the muffins for 30 minutes.
They will start to brown on top.
Remove from the oven and leave in the pan for 10 minutes before placing on a wire rack.
A strong coffee or espresso goes well with these muffins